Apply at any NC county Register of Deeds office.  It doesn't need to be in the county in which you're getting married.  
Orange County  
Wake County   
Durham County        
or type 'Marriage License' and County Name into Google search.

You can download an application  from any county.

NC Marriage License Requirements
What You Do With Your Marriage License:
Give Rev. Robin Renteria the license anytime before the ceremony, preferably at the rehearsal or earlier. She must have the license before the ceremony.  After the ceremony, she signs the license and asks your two witnesses to sign the license.  (In VA no witnesses are required.  She mails both copies back to the Register of Deeds where you got it where it will be recorded by the county.

Getting Certified Copies After You're Married: 
To prove you're married you need a certified copy from the county.  Some counties provide you with a copy of their required form to order copies.  You can also download the necessary information and the form any time from the county where you got your license. Check what the county requires for you to get copies.  Each copy costs $10.00 payable to the Register of Deeds Office for that county.

To Get A Name Changed:
Take a certified copy of the marriage license to the Social Security Administration, then to the DMV.  To get a passport changed, mail a certified copy to the passport office.
General information:
  • Both members of the couple must appear in person, or a notarized affidavit can be obtained if one person cannot be there.
  • Go Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. Don't go just before the office closes.   They will turn you away.
  • For each person bring:
  • Social Security numbers verified by their Social Security Cards, W-2 Forms or a pay stub, plus 
  • If 21 years of age or oldercurrent Driver's License, State ID Card, Passport, or Military ID.
  • If under 21: a certified copy of their Birth Certificate.  (Some counties require this for all applicants.)
  • If 16 or 17 years old, written parental consent and a certified copy of your birth certificate. 
  • If divorced,  the month and year of your divorce.  If finalized less than 30 days before, the original or certified divorce decree.
  • $60.00 cash payment (check county sites for any price changes).
  • No physical exam or blood work is required.
  • The license is valid for 60 days from the time and date it is issued.

As a UU minister, wedding minister, wedding officiant, and wedding celebrant Rev. Robin Renteria primarily serves the NC Triangle: Orange, Durham, Wake, Chatham, and Alamance counties and the towns of Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Durham, Raleigh, Hillsborough, Cary, Mebane, Holly Springs, Fuquay Varina, Apex, Bahama, Burlington, and Efland.
Rev. Robin Renteria, The Fearrington Inn, Chapel Hill , NC, wedding minister
Reverend Robin Renteria, Ph.D. 
Wedding Minister   

Images and content throughout this site may not be used without written consent.  
Other logos and images used belong to their respective owners and are used with permission.

Reverend Robin Renteria, (919) 818-6362, Hillsborough, NC,        (919) 818-6362
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Greensboro, and nearby 

 Contact Rev. Robin Renteria now 
for a free consultation. 

WelcomeFunerals/Baby blessingsThanks & ReviewsAbout Rev. RenteriaFees and ServicesFAQsBlogContact Rev. Renteria